About Me - Maurizio Vacca

Curious by nature, driven by passion. I'm a software developer, whatever it means.


Hey, thank you! My name is Maurizio, nice to meet you. I do really appreciate you are taking the time to read through this - hopefully - brief presentation of mine.

Last time I had a blog it was during early 2000s, on Microsoft Live Spaces; as bad as the platform was, I really loved writing. I always did. But I also remember the frustration when the platform got shut down; during that time I got my first job as a developer and I had too many things going on: strict deadlines, stressful working environment, an unhappy relationship so I stopped blogging… up to now.

Without further digressing, let me introduce myself. I was born in Cagliari, Sardinia, in 1984. I grew up as a videogame player, sport enthusiast who studied Latin and Greek during High School… and ended up with an IT degree in 2010 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Here on my blog I would like to talk about the IT world, including developers habits (the good, the bad and the ugly), patterns, good practices and so on. You will forgive me if, from time to time, I will write about woodworking and photography, which are some of my preferred hobbies right now.


My Background

After graduating in IT technologies in 2010, I joined a small company which was mainly into consulting services. Even if I was more interested in building user interfaces, at that time I could've been described as a full-stack developer: I was doing data entry, DB administration, building APIs… you name it.
Gradually, I started focusing more and more on frontend development and project architecture. After staying within the same company for the first 5 years, I started exploring the IT world and I decided to join new companies and went through a lot of them. It has been a long journey if I look back at it now, but I have to say that I do not regret anything so far.

Currently, I'm a Senior Frontend Engineer at Treatwell and I'm proudly part of what we internally call the SaaS Core team. Our main focus is to provide the best experience possible to any customer using our salon software.
There are a lot of technical challenges, including real-time synchronisation among multiple devices and accounts, fast rendering, 3rd-party devices communication and so on. We may eventually get into some more details in a different story, why not, but for now let me say it's a really interesting role and it's rather easy to stay motivated.


Let's keep in touch

Now that you know a little bit more about me, I would like to know a little bit more about you. Feel free to say “hi” in comment section or let's find us on your favourite social platform. Also, if you enjoyed the reading please consider following me, I would highly appreciate it 🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog